Cell Phones/Electronic Equipment
Please be aware that students violating these guidelines will have their phones taken away and stored in the attendance office. Thank you for your cooperation with this issue.
- Students may have silenced mobile devices on their person. The unapproved use of communication features on cellular devices during instructional time, or in a disruptive manner in the school atmosphere, is prohibited. School instruction time is from the first bell of the school day to the dismissal bell at the end of the day.
- Each teacher has the right to allow the use of mobile devices (e.g. cell phones, laptops, iPods, personal data assistants) during instructional times.
- The use of cell phones in the hallway during class periods is prohibited, as it is considered a disruption to classes taking place.
- Students may use cell phones during lunch.
- Teachers and students will receive instruction on appropriate and academic uses of cell phones and other devices.