What is the School Community Council?
Serving on our School Community Council is a wonderful way for parents to be actively involved in their children’s education. Each year, the school receives a distribution of funds from Utah’s School LAND Trust Program, and it’s the Council’s job to prioritize how these funds will be used to address the school’s greatest academic needs. School Community Councils hold elections once a year to fill open seats, and are comprised of parents and school employees, including the principal. Parents make up the majority of the Council, outnumbering employees by at least two. Working together, Council members review school data, identify school needs, establish school goals (or a success plan), and allocate LAND Trust funds toward accomplishing those goals. School Community Councils also discuss school digital and safety plans, and throughout the year, serve as an advisory group to the school principal, district administrators, and the Canyons Board of Education. In this role, the Council fosters communication between the school and the community on local school issues, and is a vital partner in fulfilling Canyons’ college- and career-readiness mission. Resources to assist Council members in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities can be found on Canyons District’s website.
Funding Distribution History
|LAND Trust Funds||TSSA Funds|
2022-2023 Council Members
Contact any member of the council with questions, concerns, or future agenda item requests.
2022-2023 Annual Plans & ReportsClick here to access translatable, accessible LAND Trust Plans & Reports.
2022-2023 Meeting Schedule, Minutes and Agendas
- September 6, 2022 (Warrior Room/Zoom at 4:00 PM) -
- October 4, 2022 (Warrior Room/Zoom at 4:00 PM) -
- November 1, 2022 (Warrior Room/Zoom at 4:00 PM)
- December 6, 2022 (Warrior Room/Zoom at 4:00 PM)
- January 3, 2023 (Warrior Room/Zoom at 4:00 PM)
- February 7, 2023 (Warrior Room/Zoom at 4:00 PM)
- March 7, 2023 (Warrior Room/Zoom at 4:00 PM)
- April 11, 2023 (Warrior Room/Zoom at 4:00 PM)
- May 2, 2023 (Warrior Room/Zoom at 4:00 PM)